Er - PS/2 mouse AND MS Optical USB not working?

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Nemo2001

Er - PS/2 mouse AND MS Optical USB not working?

Post by Nemo2001 » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:16 pm

I just installed QNX ( really like it), and it finds the hardare pretty fine
this far (though I'm stuck with the TNT driver for my Geforce2 PRO card).
Here's my problem:

1) My USB MS Optical Intellimouse doesnt work. This is OK, I can always use
my standard ps/2 mouse (also by MS). Or atleast thats what I thought!

2) The friggin standard mouse doesnt work either! Doesnt matter if I plug it
in before i boot the computer, or if i do it while inside the GUI - the
pointer is still.
Please help me!

Alex Chapiro

Re: Er - PS/2 mouse AND MS Optical USB not working?

Post by Alex Chapiro » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:44 pm

Version 6.1 doesn't start USB drivers automatically. In order to use USB
mouse in this version,you must start manually (or via Photon startup
script):
- USB stack (devu-ohci or devu-uhci depending of USB controller on your
motherboard);
- USB mouse driver devu-mouse from sbin
- Photon input driver devi-hirun (just replace call of inputtrap utility in
ph script to devi-hirun call:
/usr/photon/bin/devi-hirun msoft fd -d/dev/usbmouse0 kbd fd -d
/dev/kbd )

To clarify your problem with PS2 mouse I'd like to know exactly this mouse's
type and its manufacturer. I can also recommend you to download last version
of input driver devi-hirun from developers.qnx.com.

"Nemo2001" <love@blomquist.to> wrote in message
I just installed QNX ( really like it), and it finds the hardare pretty
fine
this far (though I'm stuck with the TNT driver for my Geforce2 PRO card).
Here's my problem:

1) My USB MS Optical Intellimouse doesnt work. This is OK, I can always
use
my standard ps/2 mouse (also by MS). Or atleast thats what I thought!

2) The friggin standard mouse doesnt work either! Doesnt matter if I plug
it
in before i boot the computer, or if i do it while inside the GUI - the
pointer is still.
Please help me!

Nemo2001

Re: Er - PS/2 mouse AND MS Optical USB not working?

Post by Nemo2001 » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:53 pm

Err - since im 100% newbie, could you possibly step by step explain how to
do so?

Post by Alex Chapiro » Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:26 pm

Err - since im 100% newbie, could you possibly step by step explain how to
do so?

- USB stack (devu-ohci or devu-uhci depending of USB controller on your
motherboard);
First, determine which USB controller you have. Just start system in safe
mode (press space bar while booting).
Then from command line run devu-ohci. If it starts succsessfly, go to the
next step. Otherwise try to start devu-uhci.
Then create script file /etc/rc.d/rc.local (don't forget to change its mode
using chmod a+x rc.local after editing). Add two commands to this file:
devu-xhci (x stand for 'o' or 'u'
/sbin/devu-mouse

Then create file /etc/system/trap/input.[HOSTNAME] (run hostname command to
know it).
In this file insert following string:

msoft fd -d/dev/usbmouse0 kbd fd -d

(I'm not sure which version of devi-hirun you are using, so create a link to
this drectory:
ln -fs /etc/system /etc/config
)
Reboot your computer.
That's it for using USB mouse.

- USB mouse driver devu-mouse from sbin
- Photon input driver devi-hirun (just replace call of inputtrap utility
in
ph script to devi-hirun call:
/usr/photon/bin/devi-hirun msoft fd -d/dev/usbmouse0 kbd fd -d
/dev/kbd )

To clarify your problem with PS2 mouse I'd like to know exactly this
mouse's
type and its manufacturer. I can also recommend you to download last
version
of input driver devi-hirun from developers.qnx.com.
Go to this site using any avalable browser and download file devi-hirun.
Copy it to diskette.
Boot qnx in safe mode.
Mount floppy:
mount -t dos /dev/fd0 /a
Copy this file:
cp /a/devi-hirun /usr/photon/bin
Change file mode
chmod a+x /usr/photon/bin /devi-hirun
Reboot your system .
That's t for PS2 driver.

I just installed QNX ( really like it), and it finds the hardare
pretty
fine
this far (though I'm stuck with the TNT driver for my Geforce2 PRO
card).
Here's my problem:

1) My USB MS Optical Intellimouse doesnt work. This is OK, I can
always
use
my standard ps/2 mouse (also by MS). Or atleast thats what I thought!

2) The friggin standard mouse doesnt work either! Doesnt matter if I
plug
it
in before i boot the computer, or if i do it while inside the GUI -
the
pointer is still.
Please help me!

Post Reply