Multiple USB mouse (trackball) support

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Steve Cobb

Multiple USB mouse (trackball) support

Post by Steve Cobb » Mon Nov 19, 2001 12:54 am

I'm writting an application that I'd like to be controlled by two trackballs
(independant of the "main" mouse).

Is this possible? How do I choose the device that I wish to read at any
instant? How do I tell phWindows to ignore those two devices?

Thanks and regards,
Steve

Alex Chapiro

Re: Multiple USB mouse (trackball) support

Post by Alex Chapiro » Mon Nov 19, 2001 1:21 pm

Of course it is possible. But you have to redesign devi-hirun. The last one
sends all input data tp Photon, and there are no way to distinguish the
original data source. Or another idea.: start devi-hirun as a resource
manager (-Pr). There is still one minor problem: in this case only one
device can be created (dev/devi/mouse). However it is easy to fix: just
redesign small part of DDK and invent new command line argument - device
name.

"Steve Cobb" <steve-cobb@excite.com> wrote in message
I'm writting an application that I'd like to be controlled by two
trackballs
(independant of the "main" mouse).

Is this possible? How do I choose the device that I wish to read at any
instant? How do I tell phWindows to ignore those two devices?

Thanks and regards,
Steve

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”