Install Char DDK

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Jeff Holtz

Install Char DDK

Post by Jeff Holtz » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:13 pm

I just installed 6.2 from scratch. The Char DDK seems to be located only in
/usr/src/ddk-6.2.0/char When I installed this in 6.1 it placed the
libraries and io-char.h in /usr/lib and /usr/include/sys What do I need to
do for 6.2 or did I have something wrong when I installed? Thanks for the
info.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey B. Holtz
Software Engineering

Alex

Re: Install Char DDK

Post by Alex » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:59 pm

I think you can find some notes how to use DDK in Driver Development Kit
section in on-line Help. All DDK projects use local scratch area for
additional includes and libraries.

"Jeff Holtz" <holtzj@mediaone.net> wrote in message
I just installed 6.2 from scratch. The Char DDK seems to be located only
in
/usr/src/ddk-6.2.0/char When I installed this in 6.1 it placed the
libraries and io-char.h in /usr/lib and /usr/include/sys What do I need
do for 6.2 or did I have something wrong when I installed? Thanks for the
info.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey B. Holtz
Software Engineering
Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.
Ph: 734-332-7054
Fax: 734-332-7077
email: holtzj@esi.com

Jeff Holtz

Re: Install Char DDK

Post by Jeff Holtz » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:43 pm

Does that mean that I simply have to include
-I /usr/src/ddk-6.2.0/char/scratch/usr/include
in my compile?
and -L /usr/src/ddk-6.2.0/scratch/x86/lib
in my link?

Or have people been actually installing these

Thanks

Jeff

--

I just installed 6.2 from scratch. The Char DDK seems to be located
only
in
/usr/src/ddk-6.2.0/char When I installed this in 6.1 it placed the
libraries and io-char.h in /usr/lib and /usr/include/sys What do I need
do for 6.2 or did I have something wrong when I installed? Thanks for
the
info.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey B. Holtz
Software Engineering
Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.
Ph: 734-332-7054
Fax: 734-332-7077
email: holtzj@esi.com

Alex

Re: Install Char DDK

Post by Alex » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:03 pm

No. You copy the DDK of interest in any place, then make install and
hinstall it. As a result you get a copy of necessary includes and libraries
in your private scratch area. Create new project at the same place where
basic driver are located. This new project automatically shares scratch area
resources.

I just installed 6.2 from scratch. The Char DDK seems to be located
only
in
/usr/src/ddk-6.2.0/char When I installed this in 6.1 it placed the
libraries and io-char.h in /usr/lib and /usr/include/sys What do I
need
do for 6.2 or did I have something wrong when I installed? Thanks for
the
info.

Jeff

--