Communicating with the input driver

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Stuart Harding

Communicating with the input driver

Post by Stuart Harding » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:27 am

Hi.

How does an application send messages to the input driver when the input
driver is running in photon mode? There is no resource manager interface,
so I assume it will have to be sent through the photon event space.

I need my calibration application to put my touchscreen driver into raw
mode, retrieve touches, tell the driver to reread the config file, and then
put the driver back into transfer mode. (i.e. exactly what calib does).
Can anyone give me an example of how to do this?

Thanks,
Stuart Harding

Alex

Re: Communicating with the input driver

Post by Alex » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:37 pm

I think that calib is included in last version of input DDK. So you can look
up to the code (Touch.c) to get an idea how it works.

Regards,

Alex Chapiro.

"Stuart Harding" <stuart@intellidesign.com.au> wrote in message
Hi.

How does an application send messages to the input driver when the input
driver is running in photon mode? There is no resource manager interface,
so I assume it will have to be sent through the photon event space.

I need my calibration application to put my touchscreen driver into raw
mode, retrieve touches, tell the driver to reread the config file, and
then
put the driver back into transfer mode. (i.e. exactly what calib does).
Can anyone give me an example of how to do this?

Thanks,
Stuart Harding

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”