to set up a USB printer

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.usb
Post Reply
Lung Han

to set up a USB printer

Post by Lung Han » Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:22 pm

Hi all,

I have tied to setup a Epson sc670 printer to QNX RTP 6.1 and failed. Please
kindly let me know what are the steps to
have the printer printing.

I have done "devu-uhci &" and have the directory /dev/usb/ created.
Then I tried "devu-prn &", but /dev/usbprn0/ is not created.
I also do spooler -d/dev/usbprn0/ -nUSBPRT -cepson.cfg. The printer is
displayed in the spooler mgr, but nothing gets printing.

one more thing I have done is I created a /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and added
two commands to this file
devu-uhci
/sbin/devu-prn

Please let me know what i have done wrong and what i have missing.

Thanks a lot.

lung

Pavol Kycina

Re: to set up a USB printer

Post by Pavol Kycina » Fri Sep 14, 2001 5:46 am

What is the output of "usb -vv" command?

Pavol Kycina

"Lung Han" <lhan@eitc.epson.com> wrote in message
[...]

Post by Pavol Kycina » Mon Sep 17, 2001 7:25 am

Hello,

If you get "empty" output of "usb -vv" that menas you have some problem,
I am not an expert with USB, but I would try these possibilities:

1. Does your computer have 1 or 2 USB controllers (post output of "pci -vv")
2. Did you try your HW with other OS?
3. Did you try any other USB HW in your computer?

Pavol Kycina,

PS: please post to the newsgroup, not direct mail

Thanks Pavol, the usb -vv will display only the following lines

# usb -vv
USB (UHCI) v1.10, v1.01 DDK
Control, Interrupt, Bulk, Isoch, Low speed, High speed
#

Hi all,

I have tied to setup a Epson sc670 printer to QNX RTP 6.1 and failed.
Please
kindly let me know what are the steps to
have the printer printing.

I have done "devu-uhci &" and have the directory /dev/usb/ created.
Then I tried "devu-prn &", but /dev/usbprn0/ is not created.
I also do spooler -d/dev/usbprn0/ -nUSBPRT -cepson.cfg. The printer is
displayed in the spooler mgr, but nothing gets printing.

one more thing I have done is I created a /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and
added
two commands to this file
devu-uhci
/sbin/devu-prn

Please let me know what i have done wrong and what i have missing.

Thanks a lot.

lung

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.usb”