Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.1.0

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.usb
Post Reply
Paul Holmquist

Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.1.0

Post by Paul Holmquist » Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:23 pm

The USB help files indicated it would be in the "usb/class" directory but I
can't even find that. I need the full path from the root. Does anybody
know where it is?

Steve Reid

Re: Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.

Post by Steve Reid » Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:29 pm

Paul Holmquist <paul.holmquist@guidant.com> wrote:
: The USB help files indicated it would be in the "usb/class" directory but I
: can't even find that. I need the full path from the root. Does anybody
: know where it is?

Look under /usr/src/ddk-6.1.0/usb/src/hardware/class. The directory structure
changed after the docs were written. Those docs are on our long list of
things to update.

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Dean Douthat

Re: Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.

Post by Dean Douthat » Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:56 pm

find / -type d -name class

Paul Holmquist wrote:
The USB help files indicated it would be in the "usb/class" directory but I
can't even find that. I need the full path from the root. Does anybody
know where it is?

Paul Holmquist

Re: Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.

Post by Paul Holmquist » Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:46 pm

I check and the installation left my usr/src directory empty. I tried to
reinstall the USB DDK but that didn't work either. Is there a tar file or
some archive that I can download get the example source files?

"Steve Reid" <stever@qnx.com> wrote in message
Paul Holmquist <paul.holmquist@guidant.com> wrote:
: The USB help files indicated it would be in the "usb/class" directory
but I
: can't even find that. I need the full path from the root. Does anybody
: know where it is?

Look under /usr/src/ddk-6.1.0/usb/src/hardware/class. The directory
structure
changed after the docs were written. Those docs are on our long list of
things to update.

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Paul Holmquist

Re: Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.

Post by Paul Holmquist » Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:24 pm

The installation from the 6.1.0 CD didn't even create a usr/src directory!
There is a number of directories under /usr but not one has the name "src".
I also tried the "find" utility but all it found was the DDK's under the
package directory.

Post by Paul Holmquist » Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:25 pm

The installation from the 6.1.0 CD didn't even create a usr/src directory!
There is a number of directories under /usr but not one has the name "src".
I also tried the "find" utility that was suggested but all it found was the
DDK's under the package directory.

Thanks for the help!

"Dean Douthat" <ddouthat@faac.com> wrote in message
find / -type d -name class

Paul Holmquist wrote:

The USB help files indicated it would be in the "usb/class" directory
but I
can't even find that. I need the full path from the root. Does anybody
know where it is?

Johan Björk

Re: Can't find example class driver code for USB DDK from 6.

Post by Johan Björk » Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:37 pm

Dean Douthat wrote:
find / -type d -name class

Paul Holmquist wrote:

The USB help files indicated it would be in the "usb/class" directory but I
can't even find that. I need the full path from the root. Does anybody
know where it is?

get-cvs-src is what you are looking for.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.usb”