Register a name globally?

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.x86
Post Reply
server

Register a name globally?

Post by server » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:20 pm

message unavailable

Dale Sherwood @NYAB

Re: Register a name globally?

Post by Dale Sherwood @NYAB » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:20 pm

"NDT Technologies Inc." <info@ndt.ca> wrote in message
Hi, I try to regist a name globally in server side, use name_attach(),
and to open a name for a server connection in client side, use
name_open(), but it does not work.

If somebody can give me a help?

Yuda
NDT Technologies Inc
Hi, Yuda:

According to the name_attach() manpage (6.2.1), "global names aren't
supported yet". Instead, it suggests that you "use the resource manager
framework". (Groan!)

->>>--Sherwood-->
New York Air Brake Corp.

Jim Douglas

Re: Register a name globally?

Post by Jim Douglas » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:20 pm

See the following Knowledge Base article

http://www.qnx.com/support/sd_bok/solution.qnx?10342

That should get you going. If you are seriously developing an application,
there are numerous gotcha's associated with QNet. I can elaborate if you
wish...? I also have code I can e-mail to you.

Jim

"NDT Technologies Inc." <info@ndt.ca> wrote in message
Hi, I try to regist a name globally in server side, use name_attach(),
and to open a name for a server connection in client side, use
name_open(), but it does not work.

If somebody can give me a help?

Yuda
NDT Technologies Inc

Guest

Re: Qnx6: ticksize?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:29 pm

NDT Technologies Inc. <info@ndt.ca> wrote:
Hi, If somebody can tell me that how to change the ticksize in QNX6?
Check out the ClockPeriod() function.

--
Brian Stecher (bstecher@qnx.com) QNX Software Systems, Ltd.
phone: +1 (613) 591-0931 (voice) 175 Terence Matthews Cr.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.x86”