xScale / clearing RDH - bit will hang the system

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.xscale
Post Reply
Sascha Morgenstern

xScale / clearing RDH - bit will hang the system

Post by Sascha Morgenstern » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:18 pm

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with an intel xscale pxa250.
Right now, i try to write the ipl for an customized board.
I setup up a lot of registers and after I try to clear the RDH - bit in the
PSSR - register the system will hang after a while.
If i am not clearing the bit the ipl and startupcode works fine, but
I can not read from external hardware.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Bye Sascha( sascha@bitctrl.de )
Sascha Morgenstern

Guest

Re: xScale / clearing RDH - bit will hang the system

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:59 pm

Sascha Morgenstern <sascha@bitctrl.de> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with an intel xscale pxa250.
Right now, i try to write the ipl for an customized board.
I setup up a lot of registers and after I try to clear the RDH - bit in the
PSSR - register the system will hang after a while.
If i am not clearing the bit the ipl and startupcode works fine, but
I can not read from external hardware.
Two things come to mind - you should probably be clearing the PH bit
as well as the RDH bit, and second, remember that these bits are cleared
by writing a 1 (not 0) to them.

Thank you very much in advance.
--

David Green (dgreen@qnx.com)

QNX Software Systems Ltd.
http://www.qnx.com

Sascha Morgenstern

Post by Sascha Morgenstern » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:37 am

<dgreen@qnx.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:att4v8$99p$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Sascha Morgenstern <sascha@bitctrl.de> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with an intel xscale pxa250.
Right now, i try to write the ipl for an customized board.
I setup up a lot of registers and after I try to clear the RDH - bit in
the
PSSR - register the system will hang after a while.
If i am not clearing the bit the ipl and startupcode works fine, but
I can not read from external hardware.

Two things come to mind - you should probably be clearing the PH bit
as well as the RDH bit, and second, remember that these bits are cleared
by writing a 1 (not 0) to them.
I already noticed that I have write an 1 to set bit for clearing.
I figured out that one configuration register was not setup probably.
Now it works fine, thank you for try to help me.

--
Bye Sascha( sascha@bitctrl.de )
Sascha Morgenstern
BitCtrl Systems GmbH