QNX4 & Packages

bridged with qdn.public.newuser
Post Reply
Paul Kimberley

QNX4 & Packages

Post by Paul Kimberley » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:37 pm

I'm a newbie to QNX4 and I'm trying to install the openssl package from
http://developers.qnx.com/Ports/Archieve all the files have an extension
..qpr.
(I'm using the package since the source wont compile)

What do I do with a .qpr file ?
As far as I understand is some sort of package, and I need a package
manager.
Am I on the right track ? and where do I find the package manager for QNX4.
Thanks, Any help would be appreciated.
Paul Kimberley

Andrew Scheel

Re: QNX4 & Packages

Post by Andrew Scheel » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:34 pm

Hi Paul,
Sorry to say but there isn't an installer for QNX4 that handles .qpr files.
Files with the .qpr extension are a QNX6 invention and the binaries inside
are most likely compiled for QNX6. So they would be of no use to you
anyways.

-Andrew

"Paul Kimberley" <pkimberley@ati.sl.on.ca> wrote in message
I'm a newbie to QNX4 and I'm trying to install the openssl package from
http://developers.qnx.com/Ports/Archieve all the files have an extension
.qpr.
(I'm using the package since the source wont compile)

What do I do with a .qpr file ?
As far as I understand is some sort of package, and I need a package
manager.
Am I on the right track ? and where do I find the package manager for
QNX4.
Thanks, Any help would be appreciated.
Paul Kimberley

Post Reply