Info on - QNX2 using Pentium type processors

bridged with qdn.public.qnx2

Info on - QNX2 using Pentium type processors

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:37 pm

Anyone got any info on QNX2 running on Pentium type of processors??

I have read the previous posted replies.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Mike Schneider

Re: Info on - QNX2 using Pentium type processors

Post by Mike Schneider » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:49 pm

If you've read other posts and want more info, what additional info are you looking for?
ms...
<Ray.PARKS@na.biomerieux.com> wrote in message news:ap9i5u$204$1@inn.qnx.com...

Anyone got any info on QNX2 running on Pentium type of processors??

I have read the previous posted replies.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Guest

Re: Info on - QNX2 using Pentium type processors

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:03 pm

I'm looking for pentium type of processors that will run on QNX2 and any
patches/fixes that are needed to do this.

Any Info on your success or failure attempts to do this, would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Mike Schneider

Re: Info on - QNX2 using Pentium type processors

Post by Mike Schneider » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:21 pm

I have not tried to run Qnx2 on anything faster than a PentiumI at 233Mhz,
although I've seen several postings of people that have done so.

I have several Pentium I systems running Qnx2. One is at 150Mhz, one at
200Mhz and a couple portables at 233Mhz.
Our shipped products that still utilize Qnx2, run on 486s.

The 233s are MMX, and I had to disable cache to get the floppies to work, or
something like that.

In all cases in the sys.init files I start up speed_correct to max out the
cpu speed the OS thinks it's running, else it will rollover. This also
applied to fast 486s.

The IDE hard drive partitions for Qnx2 are set to just over 500Megs,
anything more is questionable.
One of the systems uses SCSI which is about 8 Gigs.

I'm looking for pentium type of processors that will run on QNX2 and any
patches/fixes that are needed to do this.

Any Info on your success or failure attempts to do this, would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Post Reply