QNX 2: Write denied to floppy or tape drive

bridged with qdn.public.qnx2
Post Reply
Michel Doyon

QNX 2: Write denied to floppy or tape drive

Post by Michel Doyon » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:54 am

Hi everybody,

I am having a weird problem. I have to deal with a QNX 2 system where I am
not able to write to the floppy disk even if I DO can read from it.
Similarly, I have a SCSI tape backup that I cannot access even if the
hardware is detected.

I suspect that there must be somekind of permission setting but I have
absolutely no idea where this is set. I am running "root" on this system.

Can anyone suggest something ?

Please also reply to noyod40@hotmail.com

Michel

Mike Schneider

Re: QNX 2: Write denied to floppy or tape drive

Post by Mike Schneider » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:17 pm

For the floppy access, try chattr'ing the floppy:
chattr 1:/ a=+mawr p=+mawr
I tested this and set the attributes to -w and then I couldn't write to the
floppy, until after I changed it back again.
I'm not familiar with the tape backup.
ms...

"Michel Doyon" <noyod40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I am having a weird problem. I have to deal with a QNX 2 system where I
am
not able to write to the floppy disk even if I DO can read from it.
Similarly, I have a SCSI tape backup that I cannot access even if the
hardware is detected.

I suspect that there must be somekind of permission setting but I have
absolutely no idea where this is set. I am running "root" on this system.

Can anyone suggest something ?

Please also reply to noyod40@hotmail.com

Michel

Post Reply