Networking

bridged with qdn.public.qnx2
Post Reply
Wade Lich

Networking

Post by Wade Lich » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:51 pm

Here is my problem ( HELP!!! :) ), I have a QNX running on a
Heidelberg press. I need to know how to configure the networking so
that users can submit their work via a network shared file system ( NFS
or CIFS )

Wade

David Gibbs

Re: Networking

Post by David Gibbs » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:32 pm

Wade Lich <wade@nerdfest.com> wrote:
Here is my problem ( HELP!!! :) ), I have a QNX running on a
Heidelberg press. I need to know how to configure the networking so
that users can submit their work via a network shared file system ( NFS
or CIFS )
You have posted in the QNX2 conferences -- are you actually running
QNX2?

If so, this is nigh impossible.

QNX2 used Arcnet, and was a defunct product before CIFS was even
dreamed of.

There was a 3rd party TCP/IP product, not sure what capabilities
it had, not sure if it is still available or if the hardware it
used (a couple of different ethernet cards dating to the 80s)
are still available.

Are you sure you have QNX2?

If you are not sure try the following commands at the commandline/console:

tsk in
sin in
pidin in

If the first works, you're on QNX2.
If the 2nd works, but not the third, you're on QNX4.
If the 3rd works, you're on QNX6.

QNX4 and QNX6 have NFS/CIFS options readily available -- try other
conferences, e.g. qdn.public.qnx4 for QNX 4.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

David Bacon

Re: Networking

Post by David Bacon » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:31 am

Mr. Lich appears to have declared this emergency after two replies to his
identical posting already appeared in qdn.public.sysadmin.

dB

"David Gibbs" <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Bill Caroselli

Re: Networking

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:55 pm

David Gibbs <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote:
Are you sure you have QNX2?

If you are not sure try the following commands at the commandline/console:

tsk in
sin in
pidin in

If the first works, you're on QNX2.
If the 2nd works, but not the third, you're on QNX4.
If the 3rd works, you're on QNX6.
For extra amusement try:
tsk tsk
sin toomuch
pidin [tsk|toomuch|sin]

This is a close as QSSL comes to having Easter Eggs (that I know of!)
Gee, some of MicroSlob's Easter Eggs are over 5 MB with full animation!

David Gibbs

Re: Networking

Post by David Gibbs » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:23 pm

Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
David Gibbs <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote:

Are you sure you have QNX2?

If you are not sure try the following commands at the commandline/console:

tsk in
sin in
pidin in

If the first works, you're on QNX2.
If the 2nd works, but not the third, you're on QNX4.
If the 3rd works, you're on QNX6.

For extra amusement try:
tsk tsk
sin toomuch
pidin [tsk|toomuch|sin]
Also "pidin pie".

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Stephen Munnings

Re: Networking

Post by Stephen Munnings » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:45 pm

In article <3E569F67.5090809@nerdfest.com>, wade@nerdfest.com says...
Here is my problem ( HELP!!! :) ), I have a QNX running on a
Heidelberg press. I need to know how to configure the networking so
that users can submit their work via a network shared file system ( NFS
or CIFS )

Wade

You might try On-Line Data (www.onlinedata.com)
Their web-site does not show it (and they may not even sell it anymore),
but while I was there, we had "On-Link" for QNX2 which gave some CIFS
(SMB) connectivity to QNX2 systems.
--
Stephen Munnings
Software Developer

Mike Schneider

Re: Networking

Post by Mike Schneider » Wed May 07, 2003 12:05 pm

Wade Lich wrote:
Here is my problem ( HELP!!! :) ), I have a QNX running on a
Heidelberg press. I need to know how to configure the networking so
that users can submit their work via a network shared file system ( NFS
or CIFS )
Wade
Wade,
I'll contact you directly about this.
I work at Heidelberg, and over the years we have used both Qnx2 and Qnx4
on some of our press control systems.
ms...

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnx2”