Problem after installation

bridged with qnx.newuser
Post Reply
debasis_bhadra

Problem after installation

Post by debasis_bhadra » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:57 am

I have installed qnx nutrino6.3.2 in m/c but after installing while
booting it is showing that it is validating some sysini() but in the
middle it also showing
/bin/sh:no such file or directory

and the booting stops there.I am not understanding what is the problem
and how do i solve the problem?
if any one know about this please send me a quick reply

qnxloader

RE: Problem after installation

Post by qnxloader » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:57 am

I have this problem on my old HDD, but rebooting several times system
was booted...

debasis_bhadra

RE: Problem after installation

Post by debasis_bhadra » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:57 am

Hi,
thanx for your response.Actual problem in qnx nutrino is
I have installed qnx nutrino6.3.2 in m/c but after installing while
booting it is showing that
Code:
Press F1-F4 to select drive or select partition 1,2,3? 3

Hit Esc for the ..altboot
……………………………………………………………………………………..

Press the space bar to input boot options or D to disable DMA

Trying SATA ahci . scanning for devices…

Trying EIDE .Scanning for Devices…

…Found 2 devices

Detected USB.Scanning for devices…

Trying SATA mvSata.Scanning for devices…

Spawn of /bin/sh failed: No such file or directory found.

and the booting stops there.

so I am trying to reinstall qnx6.3.2 but it takes too much time like 2
days.
can any one tell me that how much time it takes to install or
reinstall.Is there any problem in my system

Mario Charest

Post by Mario Charest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:01 pm

"debasis_bhadra" <debasis.bhadra@hcl-dot-in.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:fmfinf$hns$1@inn.qnx.com...
[...]

About 10 minutes for me. Something is wrong with the hardware is QNX isn't
compatible with your hardware.

debasis_bhadra

re:Problem after installation

Post by debasis_bhadra » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:57 am

Hi Mario,
I have the following config in m/c
Intel p4 1.6Ghz
512 RAM 40GB harddisk
No SATA Drive

so for the QNX nutino installation any chipset or motherboard or VGA
..specific problem which should be compatible with qnx.please inform
me.

John McClurkin

Post by John McClurkin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:50 pm

debasis_bhadra wrote:
Hi Mario,
I have the following config in m/c
Intel p4 1.6Ghz
512 RAM 40GB harddisk
No SATA Drive

so for the QNX nutino installation any chipset or motherboard or VGA
.specific problem which should be compatible with qnx.please inform
me.

You can get a complete list of supported hardware from the QNX web site.
Go to http://www.qnx.com, click on Support + Services, then click on
Overview. On the lower right hand side of the Overview page, click on
Hardware database. This will take you to a page from which you can find
all supported hardware.

maneesh

Re: Problem after installation

Post by maneesh » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:52 pm

We had the same problem a few days back. This was while dual-booting
qnx4 and qnx6.3.2. We re-installed qnx6.3.2 (took less than 15 min to do
so).

If you have problems with the partitions..try using gparted and fixing
the issues.

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.newuser”