PhAB won't launch from Windows IDE??

bridged with qnx.gui
Post Reply
Matt Crowell

PhAB won't launch from Windows IDE??

Post by Matt Crowell » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 pm

When I try to create a new Photon application (Photon Appbuilder Project),
here is the contents of the Console for PhAB:

Starting font manager...
Starting Photon server...
Starting Phindows...
Starting Window Manager...

copy from /cygdrive/c/QNX630/target/qnx6/usr/config/wm/wm.cfg to
/cygdrive/c/QNX630; C:/ failed
couldn't open /cygdrive/c/QNX630; C:/ for read

The graphical PhAB popup error windows says:

Unable to make CONFIG directory (cygdrive/c/QNX630; C:/.ph)
Continue anyway?

It doesn't matter if I select Yes or No to this message, PhABs is dead. I
uninstalled IDE4.0, then uninstalled Momentics 3.0 and reinstalled Momentics
3.0 (did not install IDE4.0) and I get the same error message.

What gives?

Matt

Max Feil

Re: PhAB won't launch from Windows IDE??

Post by Max Feil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:26 pm

It looks like Photon is confused about your home directory. Photon apps like
pwm (the window manager) and PhAB store their settings under $HOME/.ph/. In
your case it thinks HOME is set to something like "C:/QNX630; C:/".

When Photon starts on Windows, it will use the HOME environment variable if
it is set. If not, it uses HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH to create what it thinks
is a sane HOME.

Please check your environment variable settings using Control Panel ->
System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables. If there is a HOME set, make
sure it is a single, valid-looking directory. Also check HOMEDRIVE and
HOMEPATH, which should be a drive letter with a colon, and a path beginning
with a backslash, respectively.

Or post the contents of these variables here and I will try to help.

Thanks,
Max

P.S. You can email me at mfeil@qnx.com for a faster response.

--
Max Feil
QNX Software Systems

"Matt Crowell" <mcrowell@vamcointernational.com> wrote in message
[...]

Post by Matt Crowell » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanks a million Max. I checked the QNX_... environment variables but
missed the HOME. I remember exaclty when I broke it too. I was playing
with CVS repositories and added the HOME environment variable to this
Windows machine. Weeks later, appbuilder "mysteriously" won't work. I
simply removed the HOME environment variable and everything works fine.

[...]

Return to “qnx.gui”