Post Reply
Paul

Eclipse and QNX4?

Post by Paul » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:10 pm

Is anyone using Eclipse on QNX4? Is there a pre-built distribution? Or
does the source compile without problem?

(I'm an Eclipse newbie, but not a QNX4 newbie. I thought I'd ask a few
questions before I started spending the time.)

Chris McKillop

Re: Eclipse and QNX4?

Post by Chris McKillop » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:54 pm

Paul <pdkrocul@netscape.net> wrote:
Is anyone using Eclipse on QNX4? Is there a pre-built distribution? Or
does the source compile without problem?

(I'm an Eclipse newbie, but not a QNX4 newbie. I thought I'd ask a few
questions before I started spending the time.)
You can't use Eclipse on QNX4. First, you need a fully support jvm
on QNX4 that supports Java 1.3. Eclipse is also built on Photon2. It is
a QNX6 only program.

Paul

Re: Eclipse and QNX4?

Post by Paul » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:08 pm

Thanks for the answer.

How about a cross-development platform? For example, running Eclipse on
Linux, but having the compiles execute on the QNX4 machine.

Post by Chris McKillop » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:04 am

Paul <pdkrocul@netscape.net> wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

How about a cross-development platform? For example, running Eclipse on
Linux, but having the compiles execute on the QNX4 machine.
At which point Eclipse is mostly just a big editor. :) The base CDT also
isn't Watcom aware in terms of a toolchain and output error parsing.

Return to “qnx.development_tools”