QWindows Driver

bridged with qnx.qnx4
Post Reply
Gabriel Coindreau

QWindows Driver

Post by Gabriel Coindreau » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:09 pm

Is there a driver for Intel Extreme Graphis (845) for QNX Windows?

Regards,

GC

Darel Cullen

Re: QWindows Driver

Post by Darel Cullen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:03 am

Hi,
I am also interested if anyone knows the answer to this.

More to the point, is there a list of graphics cards that work with
qwindows (the list on the qnx.com website only lists photon capable
hardware).

A list of graphics cards that can be purchased today.

As far as i know one would have to purchase basic VGA compatible hardware,
or a radeon chipset based card.
Has anyone out there had luck with gr.radeon graphics drivers? Please post
here if you have.

Darel

Gabriel Coindreau wrote:

Is there a driver for Intel Extreme Graphis (845) for QNX Windows?

Regards,

GC

Nick Doulgeris

Re: QWindows Driver

Post by Nick Doulgeris » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:43 am

Hi..

We've had some success down here with the nVidia GeForce MX2 video cards,
using the SciTech driver (patch A). Only problem we've found is that on
large monitors (19" + CRT's), there is a long delay switching between text &
windows modes. Up to a minute sometimes on certain monitors.

Previous to this card, we were using the ATI Rage 128 Pro, with success.
But, it did exhibit the same fault on the text-windows side of things. This
fault doesn't seem to show-up on LCD/TFT monitors..

I'm also pretty intersted in the gr.radeon drivers & if anyone has had
success with these...

An additional footnote, does anyone know if Qwindows can handle more than
256 colours? if so, how do we go about setting qwindows/driver for this?

Cheers,
Nick

Gabriel Coindreau wrote:

Is there a driver for Intel Extreme Graphis (845) for QNX Windows?

Regards,

GC

Andrej Lucny

Re: QWindows Driver

Post by Andrej Lucny » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:18 am

"Nick Doulgeris" <doulgie@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
I'm also pretty intersted in the gr.radeon drivers & if anyone has had
success with these...
It works, but only with limited range of radeon cards 7500, 8500, 9000. It
is difficult to find such a card on our today's market, 7000 or VE does not
work.

Fortunately LCD monitors are preffered today a for them is refresh of 60Hz
fine, thus ordinary gr.vga is enough.

Andy

Gabriel Coindreau

Re: QWindows Driver

Post by Gabriel Coindreau » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:23 am

More on this: we are succesfully running the gr.radeon driver with the ATI
7500 PCI, problem is that its not an easy card to get anymore.

What about the list of current cards supported? Any at QNX could look into
this?

Thank you,

GC

I'm also pretty intersted in the gr.radeon drivers & if anyone has had
success with these...
It works, but only with limited range of radeon cards 7500, 8500, 9000. It
is difficult to find such a card on our today's market, 7000 or VE does
not
work.

Fortunately LCD monitors are preffered today a for them is refresh of 60Hz
fine, thus ordinary gr.vga is enough.

Andy

none. gr.vesa2 or gr.vga with 60 Hz is maximum which you can achieve
nowadays, I think.

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.qnx4”