Hacking Product Suite CD for SATA

bridged with qnx.qnx4
Post Reply
Dave Allamby

Hacking Product Suite CD for SATA

Post by Dave Allamby » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:16 pm

Need to load QNX onto SATA drive.....Has anyone tried hacking the
Product Suite CD to add the Fsys.atapi driver, so that you don't have to
go through the whole second drive process ?

Mario Charest

Re: Hacking Product Suite CD for SATA

Post by Mario Charest » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:19 pm

"Dave Allamby" <allambyjd@cyradis.com> wrote in message
Need to load QNX onto SATA drive.....Has anyone tried hacking the Product
Suite CD to add the Fsys.atapi driver, so that you don't have to go
through the whole second drive process ?
If the BIOS can setup the SATA controler to emulate IDE (most intel chipset
do ), then Fsys.eide will work just fine.

Dave Allamby

Re: Hacking Product Suite CD for SATA

Post by Dave Allamby » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi Mario,

Looked through DELL bios settings and did not see anything that said IDE
emulation...doesn't mean it is not there, I just didn't see it.
Customer is going to give me an HP rack mount server without the SAS
card...hopefully that has the IDE emulation.

thanks for the reply

Dave

Need to load QNX onto SATA drive.....Has anyone tried hacking the Product
Suite CD to add the Fsys.atapi driver, so that you don't have to go
through the whole second drive process ?

If the BIOS can setup the SATA controler to emulate IDE (most intel chipset
do ), then Fsys.eide will work just fine.

Jeffrey Adler

Re: Hacking Product Suite CD for SATA

Post by Jeffrey Adler » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:12 pm

Several months ago, I tried to get a new Dell to work with a SATA drive.
The computer also had a USB keyboard and mouse.

The BIOS didn't handle the USB keyboard well enough. It worked a little,
but then typeahead characters would get stacked, and problems were not
solvable.

Couldn't get the SATA drive to work either. The newer Dell didn't have IDE
emulation on the SATA, and there was no forthcomming SATA drivers.
Fsys.atapi didn't even recognize the SATA disk.

Ultimately, I went a bought a "build it yourself" computer from the local
computer store. Kinda looking like an "end of life" problem.....

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:06 pm

"Jeffrey Adler" <jeff.nospam.adler@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Several months ago, I tried to get a new Dell to work with a SATA drive.
The computer also had a USB keyboard and mouse.

The BIOS didn't handle the USB keyboard well enough. It worked a little,
but then typeahead characters would get stacked, and problems were not
solvable.

Couldn't get the SATA drive to work either. The newer Dell didn't have
IDE emulation on the SATA, and there was no forthcomming SATA drivers.
Fsys.atapi didn't even recognize the SATA disk.
Dell doesn't have to support anything but Dell (Windows)

Need to load QNX onto SATA drive.....Has anyone tried hacking the Product
Suite CD to add the Fsys.atapi driver, so that you don't have to go
through the whole second drive process ?

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.qnx4”