Wierd problems with PtOSContainer

bridged with qnx.cafe
Post Reply
Garry

Wierd problems with PtOSContainer

Post by Garry » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:08 am

Hello,
I have a PtBkgd with lots of PtButtons in it, the buttons have
alpha-blended pictures in them.

When moving around the PtButtons, and scrolling the PtBkgd the Pictures
flickered a lot, so I have put the PtBkgd inside a PtOSContainer. Now
scrolling is very smooth, but I now have the following problems:

1) When moving the PtButtons around using PtInitDrag, and moving the
PtButton around in a RAW callback, every other drag event gives it's
position in negative numbers, i.e. X: -22 Y: -66, and every other drag
gives the correct position.

2) When resizing the PtButtons (using a PtSlider), sometimes there are
'bits' left on the Ptbkgd which can be wiped away by moving PtButtons
over them.

3) When the PtButtons get bigger (on resizing) the pictures on them
disappear, until I wipe a window over my app's window, on which the
icons are drawn, but can just as easily be wiped away using the same
technique.

None of the above happened when the PtBkgd was not in a PtOSContainer.

Sorry for the long post, but am I missing something important about
PtOSContainer? All I have done is placed my PtBkgd inside it in PhAb, do
I need to do something else? I have tried PtFlush() and PgFlush() on
resizing the icons, if anything it makes the problems worse.

Help will be much appreciated.

Garry

Misha Nefedov

Re: Wierd problems with PtOSContainer

Post by Misha Nefedov » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:03 pm

Can you send your application to me ?. If it is too big, it would be nice to
have a functional sample that demonstrates the problems.
-Misha.

"Garry" <fake@bigoldfakeemailaddress.com> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qnx.cafe”