QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

bridged with qnx.cafe
Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Werner Schweizer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:11 pm

This one did it. Thanks, chris.
Now the system runs on my eQip.
But I'm getting only icons and no text on the screen.
Is there any development activity on this platform?

BTW
Can this project be made compatible with the momentics IDE?
I downloaded it from CVS as a Momentics project.
But it is only visible in the fille navigator, not as C project.

Werner

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I think I might know what is wrong. If you check the
build-world script it sets some environment variables,
specifically QCONF_OVERRIDE. You will have to set that before
you do a build. You must be getting errors during the building
of the images that these missing binaries are not found.

Ignore this - I am way off base. It seems that the pre-built
binaries are not coming out of cvs "chmod 755" for you. So just
do this...

cd eqip/binaries
find . -type f | grep -v CVS | xargs chmod 755

...and rebuild all your imagess. I will update the .mkifs scripts
for eQip to force these attributes.

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Chris McKillop » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:20 am

Werner Schweizer <W.Schweizer@swissonline.ch> wrote:
This one did it. Thanks, chris.
Now the system runs on my eQip.
But I'm getting only icons and no text on the screen.
Is there any development activity on this platform?
No Text? That is very odd. You are building this under Neutrino
right? And yes, there is development. There are a few rough edges
still with the pwm theme system changing and our hooks needing some
updated from 6.2.1.

BTW
Can this project be made compatible with the momentics IDE?
I downloaded it from CVS as a Momentics project.
But it is only visible in the fille navigator, not as C project.
I have a plan for this. But not enough time! :)

Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Werner Schweizer <W.Schweizer@swissonline.ch> wrote:
This one did it. Thanks, chris.
Now the system runs on my eQip.
But I'm getting only icons and no text on the screen.
Is there any development activity on this platform?

No Text? That is very odd. You are building this under Neutrino
right? And yes, there is development. There are a few rough edges
still with the pwm theme system changing and our hooks needing some
updated from 6.2.1.

Yes, I was building under Neutrino 6.3.0 on my PC.
On the iPaq I can see all icons and they are working.
But no text.
Not near the icons nor in the title bar nor in the footer.
No text in the applications (like sysinfo).
I can play freecell but can't see any menu.
But the font directory looks ok (via login over the serial port).

From the serial login all looks working fine.

I was not able to start the network though.
I'm using a NE2000 compatible card in a Jacket with two CF-card slots.

What can I do so that the system recognizes this card and starts the
network?
Do I need to activate the jacket/sleeve?
Can I run QNET and TCP/IP on the iPaq in this configuration?

TIA
Werner

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:04 pm

I was not able to start the network though.
I'm using a NE2000 compatible card in a Jacket with two CF-card slots.
What is the output of "pin" when you insert the card? It is likely that
the jacket manager doesn't know your specific jacket type.

Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Werner Schweizer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:01 pm

Ok, here is the output of "ipaq-expack -v" and "pin".
It doesn't see the card slots.

iPaq> ipaq-expack -v &
[1] 401413
iPaq> ipaq-expack for iPaq 3800
Mapping In SA1100_GPIO_BASE.
Mapping In iPaq EPGIO.
Mapping In iPaq ASIC2.
STATE_INSERTED - powering up expack.

Pack Data:
start: 0xAA
data_length: 104
version: 0x02
vendor_id: 0x0111
product_id: 0x0001
string data: MemplugCF with Batt

pin
pin: unable to attach to PCCARD server (No such file or directory).
iPaq> pidin
pid tid name prio STATE Blocked
1 1 boot/procnto-instr 0f READY
1 2 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
1 3 boot/procnto-instr 10r RUNNING
1 4 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
1 5 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
1 6 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
1 7 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
1 8 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
1 9 boot/procnto-instr 10r RECEIVE 1
2 1 oot/devc-sersa1100 10r RECEIVE 1
3 1 roc/boot/devf-ipaq 10r SIGWAITINFO
3 2 roc/boot/devf-ipaq 10r RECEIVE 1
3 3 roc/boot/devf-ipaq 10r RECEIVE 1
4 1 proc/boot/inflator 10r RECEIVE 1
4 2 proc/boot/inflator 10r RECEIVE 1
4 3 proc/boot/inflator 10r RECEIVE 1
4 4 proc/boot/inflator 10r RECEIVE 1
8198 1 usr/sbin/slogger 9r RECEIVE 1
8199 1 sbin/pipe 10r RECEIVE 1
8199 2 sbin/pipe 10r RECEIVE 1
8199 3 sbin/pipe 10r RECEIVE 1
57352 1 services/ipaq-asic 15r SIGWAITINFO
57352 2 services/ipaq-asic 15r INTR
57352 3 services/ipaq-asic 15r CONDVAR 1051f8
57352 4 services/ipaq-asic 15r CONDVAR 1051e8
57352 5 services/ipaq-asic 9r RECEIVE 3
57352 6 services/ipaq-asic 10r RECEIVE 5
57352 7 services/ipaq-asic 10r CONDVAR 105190
57352 8 services/ipaq-asic 15r INTR
57352 9 services/ipaq-asic 10r RECEIVE 9
57352 10 services/ipaq-asic 10r RECEIVE 1
57353 1 services/eqip-idle 1f SIGWAITINFO
57353 2 services/eqip-idle 10r RECEIVE 1
57354 1 sbin/io-audio 10r SIGWAITINFO
57354 2 sbin/io-audio 50r INTR
57354 3 sbin/io-audio 50r INTR
57354 4 sbin/io-audio 10r RECEIVE 1
57354 5 sbin/io-audio 10r RECEIVE 1
57354 6 sbin/io-audio 10r RECEIVE 1
57355 1 /photon/bin/Photon 10r RECEIVE 1
86028 1 /photon/bin/phfont 10r JOIN 2
86028 2 /photon/bin/phfont 10r RECEIVE 1
106509 1 on/bin/io-graphics 12r RECEIVE 1
106509 2 on/bin/io-graphics 12r REPLY 57355
110606 1 usr/photon/bin/pwm 10r RECEIVE 1
110607 1 sbin/devc-pty 10r RECEIVE 1
131089 1 oton/bin/devi-ipaq 10r DEAD
131089 2 oton/bin/devi-ipaq 15r REPLY 57352
131089 3 oton/bin/devi-ipaq 12r SIGWAITINFO
155670 1 usr/sbin/inetd 10r SIGWAITINFO
163859 1 bin/sh 10r SIGSUSPEND
167956 1 services/eqip-beep 10r RECEIVE 1
167956 2 services/eqip-beep 9r CONDVAR 102d88
180247 1 rvices/eqip-status 10r RECEIVE 2
184344 1 ervices/eqip-input 10r RECEIVE 2
184344 2 ervices/eqip-input 10r REPLY 57352
184345 1 ices/eqip-launcher 10r REPLY 57355
184346 1 services/eqip-reco 10r RECEIVE 1
401413 1 rvices/ipaq-expack 10r SIGWAITINFO
401413 2 rvices/ipaq-expack 9r RECEIVE 1
413712 1 bin/pidin 10r REPLY 1
iPaq>

I was not able to start the network though.
I'm using a NE2000 compatible card in a Jacket with two CF-card slots.

What is the output of "pin" when you insert the card? It is likely that
the jacket manager doesn't know your specific jacket type.

Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Werner Schweizer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:17 pm

Hi chris,

Now, as my Momentics-PE evaluation license has expired,
do I have any chance to do anything on the eQip myself?
The build doesn't run anymore as it uses qcc which is depending on a
comercial license.
May be other tools, as mkifs and mkefs are also not working anymore (I
didn't try yet).

I would like to have a dual boot version to be able to boot eQip from
CF-Card or SD/MM-Card
and leaving PocketPC in the flash.
On 23.1.2003 you answered a correspondin question:
----
It will be possible to boot from a CF card. However, you will lose
everything you don't have backed-up onto the CF card under PocketPC.
Basically this means you backup, reboot into QNX, reboot into WinCE
and restore. Unfortunatly, WinCE keeps everything in DRAM and it will
be lost when you go into QNX and you won't be able to access the
information
in the backup area on the CF disk.
----
Is there any progress in this plan already?
Or can I do it myself? Even with the expired licence?
Do I have to go back to 6.2.1?

Thanks for your help

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:52 pm

Pack Data:
start: 0xAA
data_length: 104
version: 0x02
vendor_id: 0x0111
product_id: 0x0001
string data: MemplugCF with Batt
So it doesn't know this pack. We will have to get it added to the
expack server and experiment.

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:54 pm

----
Is there any progress in this plan already?
Or can I do it myself? Even with the expired licence?
Do I have to go back to 6.2.1?
There isn't any progress on that front. You could do it yourself but
not with the expired 6.3.0 license.

Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Werner Schweizer » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:50 am

Do you have plans to add this pack?
Or can I do it myself?

Post by Chris McKillop » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:20 pm

Werner Schweizer <W.Schweizer@swissonline.ch> wrote:
Do you have plans to add this pack?
Or can I do it myself?
If you want to add it, please do. And send me a patch so I can get it
into the eQip project source tree.

Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

----
Is there any progress in this plan already?
Or can I do it myself? Even with the expired licence?
Do I have to go back to 6.2.1?

There isn't any progress on that front. You could do it yourself but
not with the expired 6.3.0 license.

chris

To do it myself, I'm not sure I have enough informations yet.
- Memory layout of the iPaq
- At what address is the boot image copied
- Source code of IPL
- ???

Werner

Chris McKillop

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

Post by Chris McKillop » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:48 pm

To do it myself, I'm not sure I have enough informations yet.
- Memory layout of the iPaq
- At what address is the boot image copied
- Source code of IPL
- ???
You don't need any of that information actually. All you need to do
is add the device types to ipaq-expack's sources and experiment with the
setup of the device. I suspect it will be exactly the same as the
Compaq unit.

Werner Schweizer

Re: QNX 6.3.0 on iPaq 3870

To do it myself, I'm not sure I have enough informations yet.
- Memory layout of the iPaq
- At what address is the boot image copied
- Source code of IPL
- ???

You don't need any of that information actually. All you need to do
is add the device types to ipaq-expack's sources and experiment with the
setup of the device. I suspect it will be exactly the same as the
Compaq unit.

chris
Thanks for the additional info for the expack.

But the question here was about dual boot.
I like to leave the WinCE in flash memory and boot eQip from CF-card into
DRAM.
So, as long as there are no PIM-applications for eQip, I can switch form
WinCE to QNX and back.
The only thing I have to do after switch back to WinCE is a restore of the
DRAM from SD-Card.
To do that, I think I will need additional informations.

Werner

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.cafe”