Website Prices (again)

bridged with qnx.cafe
Post Reply
John Halpenny

Website Prices (again)

Post by John Halpenny » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:46 am

An ongoing complaint has been the lack of prices on the QNX website. One
of the best sources anywhere on website useability has a recent article
on pricing..
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/prices.html

prices at all. To help prospects with early research, list
representative cases and their prices."

--

John Halpenny

Rodney Dowdall

Re: Website Prices (again)

Post by Rodney Dowdall » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:50 pm

Hello John

Thank you for the suggestion. It's been forwarded on to the people who
make those decisions.

Rodney

John Halpenny wrote:
An ongoing complaint has been the lack of prices on the QNX website. One
of the best sources anywhere on website useability has a recent article
on pricing..
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/prices.html

prices at all. To help prospects with early research, list
representative cases and their prices."

--

John Halpenny

John Nagle

Re: Website Prices (again)

Post by John Nagle » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:11 pm

John Halpenny wrote:
An ongoing complaint has been the lack of prices on the QNX website. One
of the best sources anywhere on website useability has a recent article
on pricing..
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/prices.html
You're assuming that QNX wants new customers other than Harman business
units. That may be an incorrect assumption.

John Nagle

Mario Charest

Re: Website Prices (again)

Post by Mario Charest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:47 pm

"John Nagle" <nagle@downside.com> wrote in message
John Halpenny wrote:
An ongoing complaint has been the lack of prices on the QNX website. One
of the best sources anywhere on website useability has a recent article
on pricing..
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/prices.html

You're assuming that QNX wants new customers other than Harman business
units. That may be an incorrect assumption.
Sigh!

Igor Kovalenko

Re: Website Prices (again)

John Halpenny wrote:
An ongoing complaint has been the lack of prices on the QNX website. One
of the best sources anywhere on website useability has a recent article
on pricing..
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/prices.html

You're assuming that QNX wants new customers other than Harman business
units. That may be an incorrect assumption.

John Nagle
According to the sales people I know, they do ;)

Mario Charest

Re: Website Prices (again)

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:14 pm

John Halpenny wrote:
An ongoing complaint has been the lack of prices on the QNX website. One
of the best sources anywhere on website useability has a recent article
on pricing..
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/prices.html

You're assuming that QNX wants new customers other than Harman
business
units. That may be an incorrect assumption.

John Nagle

According to the sales people I know, they do ;)
But Igor, in theory Harman may have forced QSS to keep their sales people to
trick the share holders into believing they still want QNX to sell to the
general public. That gives them time to work on a plan to stop selling to
big OEM (big lawsuit) and mostly to Harman's competitor. Let's not forget
all the new distrubutors QSS enlisted in the past year, which if cut off
could well boycut Harman product all together, ouch.

Igor I'm surprised you got so easely tricked by sales people, shame on you!
As a matter of fact the sales force is probably not aware of Harman's
cunning plan.

Mario...

Igor Kovalenko

Re: Website Prices (again)

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:52 pm

John Halpenny wrote:
[...]

I have yet to see a salesperson who received comission for *not* selling to
new customers ;)
But if Harman has found a way to solve that, maybe they should file a
patent.

Jutta Steinhoff

Re: Website Prices (again)

John Halpenny wrote:

[...]

.... and why do they spend money for full page adds (see the attachment)
is it just for fun??

BTW, a guy from a hardware company in Germany told me that he sees
currently more adds from QNX than from VxWorks and that his customers
want to use their offered boards more under QNX than in the past ...

I don't think QSS will disappoint his customers because of getting
commision for *not* selling, at least in Germany ;-)

Cheers,
Jutta

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.cafe”