Multiple copies of QNX Windows

bridged with qnx.cafe
Post Reply
Frank Kicenko

Multiple copies of QNX Windows

Post by Frank Kicenko » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi,

I would like to know what I have to do to spawn another instance of 'wnd'
when a new 'phindows' session is started on a server.

I have QNX Windows running perfect in Photon, but desparately need to have
multiple copies of qwindows running. This is easily done in X-Windows, is
it possible to get 'wnd' to use the existing graphics drivers running?

Any help here would be great!

Thanks.

Mario Charest

Re: Multiple copies of QNX Windows

Post by Mario Charest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:56 am

"Frank Kicenko" <frank.kicenko@parabolaip.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I would like to know what I have to do to spawn another instance of 'wnd'
when a new 'phindows' session is started on a server.

I have QNX Windows running perfect in Photon, but desparately need to have
multiple copies of qwindows running.
As far as I know this is impossible. It has to do with the fact that the
name of the "server"
is hardcoded in all QWindows application.
This is easily done in X-Windows, is it possible to get 'wnd' to use the
existing graphics drivers running?

Any help here would be great!

Thanks.

Frank Kicenko

Re: Multiple copies of QNX Windows

Post by Frank Kicenko » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Yee of little faith :-)

I will find a way!

Post by Mario Charest » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:31 pm

"Frank Kicenko" <frank.kicenko@parabolaip.com> wrote in message
Yee of little faith :-)

I will find a way!
Did you?

Hi,

I would like to know what I have to do to spawn another instance of
'wnd'
when a new 'phindows' session is started on a server.

I have QNX Windows running perfect in Photon, but desparately need to
have
multiple copies of qwindows running.

As far as I know this is impossible. It has to do with the fact that the
name of the "server"
is hardcoded in all QWindows application.

This is easily done in X-Windows, is it possible to get 'wnd' to use the
existing graphics drivers running?

Any help here would be great!

Thanks.

Darel Cullen

Re: Multiple copies of QNX Windows

Post by Darel Cullen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:27 am

How did you manage to get QWindows running under Photon? with qwinph ? Where
did you get qwinph from? Does it work well?

Hi,

I would like to know what I have to do to spawn another instance of 'wnd'
when a new 'phindows' session is started on a server.

I have QNX Windows running perfect in Photon, but desparately need to have
multiple copies of qwindows running. This is easily done in X-Windows, is
it possible to get 'wnd' to use the existing graphics drivers running?

Any help here would be great!

Thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.cafe”