How to find who is logged in?

bridged with qnx.public.sysadmin
Post Reply
Bernard Leclerc

How to find who is logged in?

Post by Bernard Leclerc » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:36 pm

A simple question: How do I find out who is logged on a QNX host?

The host is running QNX 6.2.1A.

I have tried rwho -- no luck.

rwhod is running and /usr/spool/rwho exist.

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

dominix

Re: How to find who is logged in?

Post by dominix » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:00 am

"Bernard Leclerc" <bernard.leclerc@mindready.com> a écrit dans le message de
A simple question: How do I find out who is logged on a QNX host?
The host is running QNX 6.2.1A.
I have tried rwho -- no luck.
rwhod is running and /usr/spool/rwho exist.
do you absolutely need remote command ?
have you tried "who" ?

-- dominix

Bernard Leclerc

Re: How to find who is logged in?

Post by Bernard Leclerc » Mon May 03, 2004 3:55 am

Actually, I first looked for the commands "who" and "w". But I found none. I
knew these commands from my past experience on Irix from SGI.

Note that "who" and "w" are not mentioned in the "Utilities Reference". Only
rwho, rwhod and ruptime are mentioned there.

Bernard

"dominix" wrote...
do you absolutely need remote command ?
have you tried "who" ?

Chris McKillop

Re: How to find who is logged in?

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon May 03, 2004 4:39 am

You can get a version of "who" from the 3rd Party repository.

chris

Bernard Leclerc <bernard@whittom-leclerc.ca> wrote:
Actually, I first looked for the commands "who" and "w". But I found none. I
knew these commands from my past experience on Irix from SGI.

Note that "who" and "w" are not mentioned in the "Utilities Reference". Only
rwho, rwhod and ruptime are mentioned there.

Bernard

"dominix" wrote...
do you absolutely need remote command ?
have you tried "who" ?