Invalid license key problem

bridged with qnx.evaluation
Post Reply
Gerhard Heidkamp

Invalid license key problem

Post by Gerhard Heidkamp » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:54 pm

HI,

I'm using the QNX Momentics 6.3.0 installer
( downloaded iso ), which is asking for a license key.

The one I was emailed doesn't seem to work.

License Key: LE5W-RJDJ-EPX7-JU1Y-T5CJ
Expiry Date: 2005-12-09

- Date is ok in BIOS.
- Computer is ASUS Pundit R
- There is no prevoius QNX product on this machine.
- Windows XP Prof is installed on this machine.
- There is enough space for the new qnx partition

Any suggestion welcome.

Regards, Gerhard

Eric

Re: Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:14 am

If you are on high speed and you do not mind downloading the ISO again, that
would be the quickest way to receive a new license key.

Otherwise you might attempt to contact QNX support (support@qnx.com)

Eric

HI,

I'm using the QNX Momentics 6.3.0 installer
( downloaded iso ), which is asking for a license key.

The one I was emailed doesn't seem to work.

License Key: LE5W-RJDJ-EPX7-JU1Y-T5CJ
Expiry Date: 2005-12-09

- Date is ok in BIOS.
- Computer is ASUS Pundit R
- There is no prevoius QNX product on this machine.
- Windows XP Prof is installed on this machine.
- There is enough space for the new qnx partition

Any suggestion welcome.

Regards, Gerhard

Hi, Eric,
thanks for your proposal. I did download a second iso, with different
key. Same problem.

Will contact qnx support.

By the way, the key works on one very old pentium motherboard (Some
unknown small IPC, not ASUS based) with 400 MHz and only 128 MB of RAM,
that of course cannot be used for proper evaluation...

I will try some other of my ASUS based systems ...

Regards, Gerhard

Eric Johnson

Re: Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric Johnson » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:50 pm

Check the date on the license file \Program Files\QNX Software
Systems\license\licenses; if it's set in the future, set it back to the
current date.

[...]

Alex/Systems 104

Re: Invalid license key problem

Post by Alex/Systems 104 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:26 pm

PS There is no need to download the ISO just
for the password.
Contact your distributor, they can request
a license to be sent to you.

Eric

Re: Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:37 pm

Yes, sure, one can contact the distributor and wait 5 years till someone
replies (no offense intended). Sorry, usualy people do not have time for
this.

It is also very obvious the problem is not related to the date in the bios
since Gerhard properly indicates in his original post "Date is ok in BIOS"
(would be nice if ppl who post replies actualy would READ the question
before jumping to conclusions (again no offense intended).

Downloading the ISO anew and thus receiving a new serial key is the fastest
way (if you have the bandwidth to do so available).

Gerhard did so, and it does NOT resolve his problem.

Therefore, the problem is not related to the key but to an internal problem
with QNX and/or the hardware he is using.

The distributor will not be able to help on this one. Contacting
support@qnx.com would be the correct next logical step in this process.

Regards,

Eric

"Alex/Systems 104" <acellarius@yah0o.lsd.com> wrote in message
PS There is no need to download the ISO just
for the password.
Contact your distributor, they can request
a license to be sent to you.

Frank Liu

Post by Frank Liu » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:52 am

Eric <eric@granite.mb.ca> wrote:
The distributor will not be able to help on this one. Contacting
support@qnx.com would be the correct next logical step in this process.
Looks like not just one person has this problem.
http://www.openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t6939-.html
Maybe QNX's license check has a bug that time related and started
to trigger lately?

rondosan

re:Invalid license key problem

Post by rondosan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:59 am

Hi,

I have the same problem as Gerhard Heidkamp. I got in touch with QNX
support, his answer only was the license key was correct and I should
try to change the date in the BIOS. Of course it didn't work.

Really I start to think there is a bug on the license key validation
or QNX cannot access to my BIOS in order to get the current date.

Eric Johnson

Re: re:Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric Johnson » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:24 pm

Send me the license key you used and I'll confirm whether it functions or
not (tell me which host OS type also).
(eric@qnx.com)

"rondosan" <rondo.sp@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
Hi,

I have the same problem as Gerhard Heidkamp. I got in touch with QNX
support, his answer only was the license key was correct and I should
try to change the date in the BIOS. Of course it didn't work.

Really I start to think there is a bug on the license key validation
or QNX cannot access to my BIOS in order to get the current date.

Eric Johnson

Re: re:Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric Johnson » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:20 pm

Still waiting for some examples.
Knowing exactly at what point it indicates the license is expired, with
character-for-character the context and error message displayed, might help.
Definitely also boot from CD (if this is self-hosted) and run from CD
(instead of installing) in order to run the 'date' utility to determine what
Neutrino thinks the system time is.

Hi,

I have the same problem as Gerhard Heidkamp. I got in touch with QNX
support, his answer only was the license key was correct and I should
try to change the date in the BIOS. Of course it didn't work.

Really I start to think there is a bug on the license key validation
or QNX cannot access to my BIOS in order to get the current date.

Eric

Re: Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:44 pm

Just a thought:

This mind might be a y2k date compatibility. Gerhard indicates the system he
tries to install QNX on is an older system.

HI,

I'm using the QNX Momentics 6.3.0 installer
( downloaded iso ), which is asking for a license key.

The one I was emailed doesn't seem to work.

License Key: LE5W-RJDJ-EPX7-JU1Y-T5CJ
Expiry Date: 2005-12-09

- Date is ok in BIOS.
- Computer is ASUS Pundit R
- There is no prevoius QNX product on this machine.
- Windows XP Prof is installed on this machine.
- There is enough space for the new qnx partition

Any suggestion welcome.

Regards, Gerhard

Eric

Re: Invalid license key problem

Post by Eric » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:45 pm

Just a thought:

This might be a y2k date compatibility. Gerhard indicates the system he

HI,

I'm using the QNX Momentics 6.3.0 installer
( downloaded iso ), which is asking for a license key.

The one I was emailed doesn't seem to work.

License Key: LE5W-RJDJ-EPX7-JU1Y-T5CJ
Expiry Date: 2005-12-09

- Date is ok in BIOS.
- Computer is ASUS Pundit R
- There is no prevoius QNX product on this machine.
- Windows XP Prof is installed on this machine.
- There is enough space for the new qnx partition

Any suggestion welcome.

Regards, Gerhard

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.evaluation”