how to change the default boot os in the boot loader

bridged with qdn.public.neutrino
Post Reply
Yijun Zou

how to change the default boot os in the boot loader

Post by Yijun Zou » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:21 am

hi,

I installed QNX 6.2 on a public PC in office. Every time it boots, it prompt
to select the os (win2k or QNX). The time for selection is 4's. It's
convenient for me but not for other guys, cauze they don't use QNX :(

Can anybody tell me how to change the default setting in the boot loader so
that it can boot into win2k by default?

zoug

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo

Re: how to change the default boot os in the boot loader

Post by Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:14 pm

Hi,

You could use fdisk /dev/hd0. Select the win2k partition and the boot
option.
You must be logged as root.

Regards,

Leonel.

"Yijun Zou" <yjzou@sina.com> wrote in message
hi,

I installed QNX 6.2 on a public PC in office. Every time it boots, it
prompt
to select the os (win2k or QNX). The time for selection is 4's. It's
convenient for me but not for other guys, cauze they don't use QNX :(

Can anybody tell me how to change the default setting in the boot loader
so
that it can boot into win2k by default?

zoug

Bill Caroselli

Re: how to change the default boot os in the boot loader

Post by Bill Caroselli » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:48 pm

I get the feeling that what you were talking about is that when the
systems boots, it starts to boot into Windows and then puts up a menu
where you can choose to boot into QNX?

If so, you'll have to look in config.sys (I think). There is a menu
with menu items, default selection and timeouts. Feel free to change
any one of these. You might want to make a back-up of this file
first. but this is one of the easier changes to make.

You'll see.
Good luck.

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo <leonel@atan.com.br> wrote:
LVMI > Hi,

LVMI > You could use fdisk /dev/hd0. Select the win2k partition and the boot
LVMI > option.
LVMI > You must be logged as root.

LVMI > Regards,

LVMI > Leonel.

LVMI > "Yijun Zou" <yjzou@sina.com> wrote in message
LVMI > news:bmnioh$8fp$1@inn.qnx.com...
hi,

I installed QNX 6.2 on a public PC in office. Every time it boots, it
LVMI > prompt
to select the os (win2k or QNX). The time for selection is 4's. It's
convenient for me but not for other guys, cauze they don't use QNX :(

Can anybody tell me how to change the default setting in the boot loader
LVMI > so
that it can boot into win2k by default?

Yijun Zou

Re: how to change the default boot os in the boot loader

Post by Yijun Zou » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:25 am

No. I installed Win2k and QNX onto seperate partitions. The QNX bootloader
is installed on the MBR. So I think Leonel is right. I'll test it right now.

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ
:bmpo3c$ovu$1@inn.qnx.com...
[...]

Post by Yijun Zou » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:34 pm

Yes, I make it. Thank you!

"Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo" <leonel@atan.com.br> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ
:bmp3l0$c7v$1@inn.qnx.com...

hi,

I installed QNX 6.2 on a public PC in office. Every time it boots, it
prompt
to select the os (win2k or QNX). The time for selection is 4's. It's
convenient for me but not for other guys, cauze they don't use QNX :(

Can anybody tell me how to change the default setting in the boot loader
so
that it can boot into win2k by default?

zoug

Post Reply