libpthread.so.0 on QNX ?

bridged with qdn.public.porting
Post Reply
Kevin Caporaso

libpthread.so.0 on QNX ?

Post by Kevin Caporaso » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:26 pm

Porters....
Xerces is calling for libpthread.so.0, I don't see any version of pthreads
on QNX 6.1.
What library is a subsititute/equivalent to pthreads?

TIA,
$Kevin

Kris Warkentin

Re: libpthread.so.0 on QNX ?

Post by Kris Warkentin » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:59 pm

All our pthread stuff is in libc so you don't need to link against extra
libraries. If some software is looking libpthread, then it's been
misconfigured.

cheers,

Kris

"Kevin Caporaso" <kcaporaso@pillardata.com> wrote in message
Porters....
Xerces is calling for libpthread.so.0, I don't see any version of pthreads
on QNX 6.1.
What library is a subsititute/equivalent to pthreads?

TIA,
$Kevin

Frank Liu

Re: libpthread.so.0 on QNX ?

Post by Frank Liu » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:04 pm

Kevin Caporaso <kcaporaso@pillardata.com> wrote:
Porters....
Xerces is calling for libpthread.so.0, I don't see any version of pthreads
this confirms my suspect, someone must have given you the binaries
from linux. libpthread.so.0 and some other shared libs you mentioned
in another thread are all Linux stuff.
frank
on QNX 6.1.
What library is a subsititute/equivalent to pthreads?

TIA,
$Kevin

Kris Warkentin

Re: libpthread.so.0 on QNX ?

Post by Kris Warkentin » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:06 pm

I was thinking you were compiling and getting a squawk about not having
libpthread. If it's a binary complaining then yes, you've probably got a
linux binary. Do an 'objdump -x' on it and see what it says for the file
type.

cheers,

Kris

"Frank Liu" <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote in message
Kevin Caporaso <kcaporaso@pillardata.com> wrote:

Porters....
Xerces is calling for libpthread.so.0, I don't see any version of
pthreads

this confirms my suspect, someone must have given you the binaries
from linux. libpthread.so.0 and some other shared libs you mentioned
in another thread are all Linux stuff.
frank

on QNX 6.1.
What library is a subsititute/equivalent to pthreads?

TIA,
$Kevin

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.porting”